Friday, November 30, 2012

"Like Flowers, Like Humans"



In the beginning of my project, “Like Flower, Like Human,” I was looking around for inspiration. I had finally found the inspiration I was looking for when I sat down at my desk and just looked down at it. There I saw the rock I got from a High School retreat. When receiving this rock, they told us that these rocks would somehow lead us in a way and we wouldn't expect it when they did. The rock I received had the word inspire engraved on it. This rock somehow got my mind thinking that I could use my rock along with my friends' rocks that they received, in “Like Flower, Like Human.” The idea of these inspirational words engraved on stones, a “hard” object, relates to the fact that it is “hard” to put these words and ideas into action when you are developing as a person. However, we still push through and develop into unique individuals; no one individual is alike, just like flowers. The inspirational words coincide with the flowers showing how we, as people, grow and develop over time and become these well-rounded, beautiful people just as flowers start out as buds, grow and develop into these beautiful things that we decorate our houses with, just like we decorate our lives with beautiful people. Without knowing it we take these ideas of words to grow into the people we become. I've always liked to watch people develop into who they are today and how they change over time, just like flowers. One of my favorite quotes fits perfectly into this project, “Like photography, we develop from the negatives.” This quote is illustrated in my photos. The black and white photo is the negatives and as we develop we gain the color, life, and positives just as the photographs in this project return to color. People develop when they become inspired, have hope for the future, believe in what is going to happen, and trust that everything will work out in the end.











No comments:

Post a Comment