Sunday, November 11, 2012

Final Project Proposal

For my final project I wasn't sure where to start. I was looking around for inspiration. Finally, I sat down at my desk and just looked down at it. There I saw the rock I got from a retreat I went on, in High School. They told us that these rocks would somehow lead us in a way and we wouldn't expect it when they did. Well, my rock said inspire. This rock somehow got my mind working to use my rock and my friends' rocks in this project. I am going to use photos of the inspirational rocks and collage them with photos of flowers that I will take at a florist shop. The inspirational words will coincide with the flowers showing how we, as people, grow and develop over time and become these well-rounded, beautiful people just as flowers start out and are buds and grow and develop into these beautiful things that we decorate our houses with, just like we decorate our lives with beautiful people. I've always liked to watch people develop into who they are today and how they change over time, just like flowers. People develop when they become inspired, have hope for the future, believe in what is going to happen, and trust that everything will work out in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    How interesting! It sounds as thought each image will become a sort of portrait of different individuals, and allude to human development in general.

    It sounds as though you will use the flower as a metaphor for human progress and growth. It sounds as though you will show the flowers in bloom to convey potential or beauty. Have you decided what kind of flowers you will photograph? It would be interesting to research the type of flower in relation to each word...

    Also consider the relationship between the rock, something stagnant and permanent, and the flower, something that will grow and change over time.

    Although the words will be visible, be sure to consider how to convey those words, those feelings, visually...Consider how to arrange the flowers and the composition in order to convey a feelings of inspiration, etc.

    I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete