Monday, November 26, 2012

Final Project- Work In Progress

My Final Project deals with the idea of how people grow into beautiful people just as flowers grow into these beautiful objects.Without knowing it we take these ideas of words to grow into the people we become. People develop when they become inspired, have hope for the future, believe in what is going to happen, and trust that everything will work out in the end. These words or ideas are set hard to deal with just as stones are, but we still push through and develop into unique individuals, no one individual is alike, just like flowers. With finishing my project, I plan on choosing the 8-10 photos to print and make one large print of a flower and then other small photos of flowers.

I was thinking about making one photo black and white making it look like a negative with the colored photo right next to it just like the saying "Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives," but I'm still not sure if that is a good idea or not. I guess I'd want other people's ideas on this and how they think would be the best way to present this concept.







2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! These photographs are beautiful and I love the colors! I like your idea about making one photograph black and white, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The close-up images of colorful flowers in full bloom give a feeling of life and vibrancy. Some of the images, because they are taken so close, are more abstract and remind me of the painter Georgia O'Keefe's flowers (google her). Because the image of the stone is included, I begin to relate the words within the stones to the flowers. The flowers and the stones combine to send an overall message that is hopeful and positive.
    The frame is filled with a flower or multiple flowers in most of the images. I think the Image with the purple flower is intriguing, but it stands out from the rest because I can see elements of the background.
    I wonder why these were taken in an interior space as opposed to exterior…Usually when flowers are within an interior space, they have been taken to decorate, to cheer someone up, or for a celebration. I wonder if this is significant.
    The orange and red flower images are great compositionally, but seem a little underexposed. I wonder if you could brighten them up a bit in Photoshop or reshoot. The peach flower is acceptable, but you may want to lighten this one up too to see how it looks. A few of the images seem a bit soft, maybe due to focus or camera shake.
    Which image will you print larger than the rest and why? Are you going to include the stones in the series of 8-10 or will you just refer to them in a statement?
    I think the idea of comparing a negative / positive print is intriguing! I think this could be a series in itself…If i were to see this, I think It would cause me to think about opposites in general….light/dark, positive/negative, hate/love, etc. Maybe try a few and see what you think.
    Keep up the good work! I'm excited to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete